- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 links chile-lime chicken sausage, cooked and sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chile poweder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt, to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp)
- 2 cups frozen silver queen corn
Saute celery, pepper, and onion in olive oil. Add stock, black beans, sausage, and seasonings, and bring to a simmer. Cook 30 mins, then add corn and bring back to a simmer for another 5 mins.
Serve with yellow rice. As usual, I like it with habanero pepper sauce, but YMMV (Claire thinks it’s plenty hot as-is).