- 1 1/3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs Canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or 2 [14.5] oz cans)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen butter beans
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tobasco sauce
Sautee chicken in oil over medium high heat in a non-stick soup pot. When it begins to brown (8-10 mins), sprinkle flour into the pot and sautee, stirring, 2 to 3 more minutes. Add onion, garlic, and celery and sautee another 8 mins.
Add tomatoes (including juice), broth, and bay leaf, and simmer covered for 50 minutes.
Stir in corn, okra, and butter beans, and add liquid smoke, Worcestershire, and Tobasco. Bring to a simmer and simmer uncovered 20 to 30 minutes more.