You are currently browsing the monthly archive for November 2008.
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 leeks, sliced & cleaned
- 6 parsnips, peeled & sliced
- 1 lb sausage, sliced (I used chicken habanero)
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 large bunch kale, cleaned & torn
Sautee leeks in butter over medium-low heat until wilted. Turn up heat to medium and add parsnips. When parsnips start to soften, add sausage. When sausage starts to brown, add stock & water, then bring to boil. Add potatoes, and cook 20 mins or until potatoes are soft. Stir kale into stew, and heat until wilted.
Looks good–wish I’d seen it in time to stop by the store on the way home: