You are currently browsing the monthly archive for March 2010.
- 1 large bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 2 NY strip steaks
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 12-ounce container marinated small fresh mozzarella balls, drained
This was pretty good, and gave us some colorful vegetables now that it’s early spring and we’re ready for summer food, which still won’t be here for months. As Claire noted, this was good, but would be significantly better with the addition of a few capers, some chopped kalamata olives and perhaps a bit of lemon zest.
Adapted from a recipe of a package of pasta:
- 1 lb. conchiglie or other short, chunky-type pasta
- 1/2 lb. green beans, cut in half crosswise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil (use the good stuff! no tuna in water)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground white pepper
Cook pasta in boiling salted water. just before it is finished, add green beans to blanch.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, saute for one minute, then add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
Cream together butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time. Mix together flour and baking powder, then mix with butter-sugar-egg mix alternating with milk.
Bake in greased and floured loaf pan or crock at 350F for 1 hour.