You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘leftovers’ tag.
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbs leftover pork chop sauce
- Splash of white wine
- 2 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas
Sautee onion and bacon in olive oil until bacon is browned. Add sauce and wine, bring to a boil, then add rice and stir until heated. Add cheese and stir until melted and well-mixed, then stir in peas and continue cooking until heated through (I microwaved the peas to speed up the process).
- 1/2 lb. leftover steak
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 28 oz. can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- Olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano (fresh if you have it)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice (we used linguine)
- Freshly grated Parmesan
Reconstitute mushrooms in hot water for a few minutes, then remove from liquid (leaving sediment behind) and chop.
Chop steak finely.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and saute garlic until golden. Add ‘shrooms and steak and saute until heated through. Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, wine, and salt. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat.
While sauce simmers, heat a large pot of water and cook pasta until done. Drain and plate up the pasta. Spoon sauce over pasta, and serve with freshly grated parm.